Champion: Union Bank of the Philippines
1st Runner-Up: Maybank Philippines, Inc.
2nd Runner-Up: CARD Bank, Inc.
II. PARTICIPATING BANKS & OFFICIAL ENTRIES:
a. CARD Bank, Inc.
• Konek2CARD is a mobile-based channel that allows members to access their accounts and perform transactions with CARD Bank remotely.
• Digital Cash Machines allow cardless withdrawal through a QR code generated through konek2CARD.
• Their Smart Branch System uses android tablets for transactions, allowing one teller to serve up to three clients simultaneously.
• Account Officers input the collection details in their Mobile Collection application to reduce time and cost.
• CARD Sulit Padala Remittance System is the domestic remittance service of CARD.
b. Maybank Philippines, Inc.
• Maybank2U PH provides online banking services to the clients, from opening a deposit product purely online to fund transfer to any bank in the Philippines. This also allows clients to pay bills and do foreign exchange.
• iSave is the first branchless and fully digital account opening facility in the Philippines. The account can be accessed through Maybank2U PH app, and comes with an ATM card that will be delivered to a client, which can access Maybank ATMs outside the Philippines and any ATM in the country with no withdrawal fees
c. Rizal Commercial Banking Corp in partnership with Rizal Microbank
RCBC and Rizal MicroBank’s partnership project Agri-Digital Finance Ecosystem Pilot is an effort to expand and digitalize the delivery of formal basic financial services extended by RMB to agricultural players who are based near the branch as well as those in remote areas through RCBC ePiso and other digital channels.
d. Robinsons Bank Corp.
New-to-bank clients can open their Simple Savings account with only one (1) ID, the most basic information and have instant access to an online Visa Debit Card, with a low opening fee of Php100.
e. Union Bank of the Philippines
• Project i2i is a blockchain based platform that provides payments and remittance access to rural banks and other financial institutions in hard to reach areas.
• GlobalLinker connects MSMEs to other businesses, local and international markets, and other special business offers to aid in business growth.
• Hub 2.0 is a corporate banking app/website for cash management and other banking services.
• Their API Portal is a hub of different APIs that SMEs and fintechs can choose from for various financial services
• Blockchain Institute is a six-month program to equip developers to learn capabilities focused on blockchain.